Sunday 24 April 2016

Empties #21


I have a really positive empties post for you today, only one of them got a thumbs down from me!  I have also started including a 'rating' where I have rated the product out of 10, hopefully you will find this useful, it makes sense in my head!




Phil Smith Dry Cleaners Dry Shampoo
Thoughts:  First of all, can I just say how awesome is the name of this dry shampoo, DRY CLEANERS, geddit?!  Anyway... I was sent this by the lovely Phil Smith PR people along with a few other bits to try out so here are my thoughts!  I love the smell of this dry shampoo and out of all the ones I have tried I would probably rate it 2nd best best before Batiste.  It did work quite well but I found I had to use quite a lot to get my desired effect (probably because I am lazy and never wash my hair...).  It applies much lighter and not in the white opaque way which Batiste does so I think that made me feel like I needed to use more, but I think if you were looking for something less heavy then this is definitely worth a try.  Phil Smith products are available from Sainsbury's, link here, £2/150ml. 
Cruelty-free?: Yes BUAV
Repurchase?: If I had the choice I would pick Batiste first but I love that it's BUAV Approved
Rate: 6/10

The Body Shop Banana Shampoo & Conditioner
Thoughts:  I had heard good things about the banana shampoo but I was wary of trying it as it contains SLS/SLES which I prefer to avoid, however I have reintroduced them by alternating with a SLS/SLES free shampoo and it seems to work okay for me.  I never really notice much difference when using shampoos and conditioners but I actually did for these ones.  I found my hair was soft and shiny after using them and felt really healthy.  £5/250ml each here, but TBS always have offers online so I recommend holding out for a 30%+ offer! 
Cruelty-free?: Yes
Repurchase?: Yes
Rate: 8/10


Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser
Thoughts:  I have used this moisturiser for years but I rarely finish a tub myself, I used to share it with my mum or it goes out of date and I have to bin it... Finally I have finished one!  I love this moisturiser but I think it's time for me to see what other options are out there!  £20.25/50ml tub here.
Cruelty-free?: Yes BUAV
Repurchase?: Yes
Rate: 8/10

Ren Clarifying Toning Lotion
Thoughts:  This was my first experience with acid toner and I really liked it.  It works as a light exfoliator and helps get rid of milia.  I found it really refreshing to use and left my skin feeling clear and healthy.  I am currently trying the Pixi Glow Tonic, we'll see which I prefer!  £13/150ml here.
Cruelty-free?: Yes (although parent company is now Unilever)
Repurchase?: Yes
Rate: 8/10

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Moisturiser
Thoughts:  I got this in a Christmas box set and didn't use it until I went on holiday.  I found the scent very strong and a bit off-putting but I did like the moisturiser itself.  I put it in fridge and used it on sunburn ha!  £10/300ml here.
Cruelty-free?: Yes (although some people aren't convinced by their statement)
Repurchase?: No
Rate: 4/10

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just came across your blog and sad to see the body shop considered cruelty free when they are owned by L'oreal... one of the most notorious companies to test on animals. I personally avoid completely. Guess everyone has their line and some people believe in supporting cruelty free companies despite being owned by animal testing companies but I believe it to be misleading to not state who their parent company is and that they are not cruelty free. just my two cents :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...