Wednesday 26 February 2014

Bomb Cosmetics Blackberry Sour Whoopie Blaster


This besprinkled doughnut shaped item is in fact one of Bomb Cosmetics 'Whoopie Blasters'.  These are similar to their normal Bath Blasters (bath bombs) except for their doughnut shape and they have a filling of cocoa and shea butter to moisturise and nourish the skin.  This particular one is called Blackberry Sour and the butter filling contains bergamot and camomile oils.

I love the smell of this one, it really is a sour blackberry scent!  When I placed it in my bath it sank to the bottom (it's huge at 140g!) and fizzed away, immediately turning the water a pale lilac colour.  It lasted for ages and dissolved very evenly so that towards the end there was a mini version still floating about!  Also, as it got smaller and lighter it started floating rather than fizzing around at the bottom of the bath.  I would have liked the scent to be a bit stronger as it was more subtle once in the bath, but this was just me and would probably would be a good thing for those who prefer not to have strong smells in the bath!

One thing I didn't like sadly were the sprinkles on the top!  The whole 'icing' part, if you will, came off and floated around separately but it wouldn't dissolve easily, so I was left with all these sprinkles, even once I'd let all the water out of the bath.  Not a big complaint but they were a bit irritating!

As for the moisturising side of it, I did feel like it was quite moisturising but it kind of felt like I was left with layer of something on my skin which I don't really like!  It could just be me but even putting on an actual body butter or cream before bed makes me feel a bit sticky and gross!

Overall I did enjoy this Bath Blaster but I wouldn't buy this particular one again.  The Whoopie Bath Blasters are £2.99 which I think is perfectly reasonable, however I did prefer the Butter Burst Blaster which I reviewed here - they are bigger and are only £2.29.  I would like to try another Whoopie Blaster though, perhaps one without sprinkles on the top!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...