Monday 29 July 2013

Nail Varnish Challenge #16

 

Okay I'm back on the Challenge again!  I have failed a little bit with the 'no buying new nail varnishes' part of it though haha oops.  I won 3 Models Own ones, bought another 2 and then bought an Illamasqua speckly one...

I'm really not sure about this one at all!  It looks okay from far away but I really don't enjoy the VNL (visible nail line - worse in real life too) and close up I feel like my nails look a bit diseased!  They are very shiny though which I do like.  While wearing this a lot of people commented on my nails!  They were sort of either "omg I love your nails!" or "what the F*CK is wrong with your fingers?!" haha!  I decided to remove it after only about 30 hours...

In case you haven't seen any of my other Clubworks nail swatches, they came in a Christmas set and don't actually have any names or numbers... so yeah, this is just the orange one!

I think this one might be going in the 'get rid of' box.

<3

8 comments:

  1. The visible nail line would put me off too. It kind of looks a bit ombred here though!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! It looks a bit more subtle in the photo. My friend asked me how I got the tops lighter, I was like that's just my nail haha :/

      Delete
  2. Nail tips showing through are a thing that annoy me too.. such a shame cause this colour is incredibly pretty!

    Fusels x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( I've got a few other orange nail varnishes luckily so it's not too much of a loss!

      Delete
  3. If I see a nail line I always apply loads of coats to try and get rid of it.

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if it would manage to cover them with more coats, it's so sheer! Maybe a white base underneath would work better...

      Delete
  4. VNL, yuk! Means it'll work well for gradients tho :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...