Thursday 7 March 2013

Empties #7


I've built up quite a little collection of empty products again, but I'm grouping them together so technically it's still five ;) Also sorry about the crappy photos, I still can't afford a memory card haha!



Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo & Conditioner
Thoughts:  I sadly didn't get on at all well with these, I did a review here where you can read exactly why.  
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: No.

Lush Big Blue Bath Bomb
Thoughts:  My parents got me this for my birthday but I only just remembered about it recently.  I loved using this, it turns the water blue and it's got wee bits of seaweed in it too!  It smells lovely and it is just like being in a beautiful ocean!  £3.20 here.  
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Yes.


Origins A Perfect World Moisturiser
Thoughts:  I didn't really like the smell of this, and it felt a bit too 'wet' on my skin.  
Cruelty-free?: No.
Repurchase?: No.

Origins Brighter By Nature Moisturiser
Thoughts:  I quite liked this as a moisturiser although I'm not sure about the skin tone correcting, didn't see any of that!  It's good that it has a high SPF in it.  
Cruelty-free?: No.
Repurchase?: No, but I probably would if they were cruelty free.

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser
Thoughts:  This was fine, as foaming cleansers go...  I'm a bit scared of them now after that #bbloggers chat about skincare where Caroline Hirons said that foaming cleansers are not good for your skin!  
Cruelty-free?: No.
Repurchase?: No.


Avon Ideal Shade Cream-to-Powder Foundation in Ivory
Thoughts:  I actually really liked this!  The only thing I didn't like was the smell, it was a bit gross.  It matched my skin tone well, and was so quite and easy to use.  It is supposedly a cheap dupe for the Urban Decay one.   
Cruelty-free?: No.
Repurchase?: Sadly not!

Une Eyebrow Pencil in B04
Thoughts:  This was too dark for me as the shade lighter was out of stock at the time.  I do quite like these pencils but they are very soft so need sharpening often.  Also they are like a long cuboid shape so the bit you sharpen is a square, which makes life interesting!  
Cruelty-free?: Yes.
Repurchase?: Possibly in an emergency!

<3

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog! This is random, but I've been following you for a while on Bloglovin and I thought I'd finally come out and say it :)

    I have similar approach to cruelty-free subject. I always favor cruelty-free brands and constantly looking for new companies who support the cause to add to my shopping list. As a proud bunny caretaker, it's really difficult to close your eyes on the matter, once you research it.

    Thank you for all the useful information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy thanks for coming to say hi :D

      Definitely, that's great!

      Delete
  2. I really want to try big blue but I'm not too sure about the seaweed. Is it ticklish? I'm very tickly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah no it's quite small! It just kind of sits at the bottom of the bath so it should be okay :P

      Delete
  3. It's quite disappointing to hear that you didn't like the Liz Earle haircare products, they looked amazing :/ As always I love the way you write your empties posts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was really disappointed! Thank you :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...