Friday 15 February 2013

The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub


This is a rather expensive scrub as for 200ml it costs £12.50.  However I bought mine online using a 35% discount which are available quite often on their website, this brought it down to £8.13 which is much more reasonable!

This stuff smells amazing!!  It smells so sweet and fresh rather than being a horribly synthetic scent.  The actual 'scrub' is mostly sugar but salt is a high up ingredient too.  It is nice to use and isn't too rough on the skin.

The downside to this is that it leaves an oily residue which is quite hard to get rid of.  I use it on my back (I have a strange eczema-like condition on my back  - TMI? - so I'm trying to use a scrub regularly to see if it helps!) and on my thighs, but then I wash myself after which does get rid of some oils but I always still feel it afterwards.  If you moisturise after coming out the shower you may not feel it as much as the moisturiser might help it be absorbed into the skin.

Another negative point is that unfortunately is it contains one paraben as preservative.  Personally I don't mind too much as it's only one, but I know a lot of people want to avoid these completely so I thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm not sure whether I would repurchase this.  I'd still like to try other scrubs from The Body Shop, but I'd definitely be waiting for a discount code first as £12.50 is a bit steep!

What's your favourite scent from The Body Shop?

<3


10 comments:

  1. I really want to try some of The Body Shops scrubs, but i hate the idea of it leaving an oily residue.

    & i agree that £12.50 is a bit steep too!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try a different kind, that one is for 'very dry skin' so perhaps others are less oily? Yeh so expensive haha!

      Delete
  2. I have the satsuma body scrub, and I love it! I agree it can leave a residue though, which is not very nice! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's annoying, I was hoping maybe the other 'flavours' would be different :(

      Delete
  3. Try showering with coconut oil for your back and tights, that might help, and leaves the skin moisturized :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good but I hate oily residues x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh :( especially as I shower at night so I get into bed and feel all warm and sticky, gross!

      Delete
  5. Have you tried Soap and Glory's body scrub? It is amazing! And you can get a little travel size pot to try, that only costs £2.50 from Boots xx

    Natalie Roseanne's Nails and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't no! I may actually have it... I got a wee set for Christmas, I'll need to have a look!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...