Thursday 20 September 2012

NOTD: Neon Layers

Butter London Disco Biscuit
Butter London Disco Biscuit
base coat, nail colour, top coat

A couple of weeks ago I had painted my nails neon pink for my friend's 21st party and I was just staring at them (as you do) when I suddenly had this 'amazing' idea of putting Disco Biscuit over the neon.

So I finally got round to doing it last night and it didn't quite turn out as how it looked in my head!  I ended up needing to use 6 coats!  I used 2 layers of neon pink (not going to mention brand as pretty sure it's not CF), 2 layers of Disco Biscuit then 2 layers of Seche Vite topcoat!  The topcoat made a huge difference though, it basically went from looking crap to looking pretty amazing.  The 2 layers of topcoat also it gave it a nice squishy look!

Here is a close up to try and show the glitter, however it is a lot more visible in person:


And to compare, here is a photo of Disco Biscuit on it's own:


I think adding the pink underneath gives it a really nice depth, and makes the nail line a lot less visible.

<3

15 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty, 6 coats is a lot of coats it's worth it though. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a lot! But to be honest I didn't even notice til the end! It's only 2 more than I would normally apply anyway so definitely worth it :)

      Delete
  2. The final outcome looks so nice! And I love you chose bright pink, it's not your every day mani for fall :]
    And top coat always does the trick :)

    xo Deja
    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D haha yeah. something nice and bright, the weather is miserable at the moment! Top coat is the best invention hahah!

      Delete
  3. Aw your nails look amazing. Such a pretty colour! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour is FAB! So jealous of your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this particular colour! looks great :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour!

    Danielle xx

    missdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...