Thursday 9 August 2012

Cruelty Free Alternative to Mac Club Eyeshadow

I know I said I probably wouldn't be blogging much during my exams but meh, I'm an excellent procrastinator!

I was working today which kind of sucked as we are having really nice weather this week in Scotland for a change!  I work beside a loch so it was mobbed with everyone in their summery clothes and ice creams, so jealous!  But anyway, I came home to lots of parcels which was really exciting!  One of them was this eyeshadow.

I can't even remember how I came across this eyeshadow but I think I hunted it down after hearing it was similar to Mac's Club.  I first saw Club in one of Tanya Burr's (Pixi2woo) youtube make up tutorials and thought it was just stunning!  However, I don't buy Mac because of them selling in China i.e. not cruelty free, so finding a cruelty free alternative to it was very exciting!

Unfortunately this post is not going to contain swatches, just because I don't have the best camera and trying to do this shade justice was impossible!  So instead I am going to do a make up look using this eyeshadow, which should be easier to photograph, hopefully!

As Urban Decay have rebranded all their eyeshadows with the new palette system I had to get this from eBay as I couldn't find it on legit websites, I'm pretty sure it's real... haha!  I got it here for £5.85, but it's now out of stock!


<3

12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely colour :) I've never tried an UD shadow but I might be getting one of the naked palettes as a good results present :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you should, they're lovely!

      Delete
    2. Oh and I've awarded you a liebster blog award :) x

      Delete
    3. Aw thanks :D I'll go have a look!

      Delete
  2. Love the colour of this, and cruelty free is a bonus! :)

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out! If you want to do it, it would be great! :)
    http://makeupblast.blogspot.ie/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty, I couldn't wait to take photos so I could get my fingers in it hahah!

      Woww thank you I shall have a look!

      Delete
  3. Pretty colour! UD eyeshadows are my favourite - and I'd love to get my hands on that UD Build Your Own Palette :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're so nice! It looks so fun! But they don't seem to have transferred all shades and made some new ones which sucks a bit!

      Delete
  4. I always hear so many beauty bloggers go on about MAC eyeshadows (and brushes, and lipsticks) and it just makes my skin crawl, so it's always good to hunt down a similar product. And the packaging looks lovely.

    Morag x
    moadore.logspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw god I know haha I mean they are good products but definitely overrated!

      Delete
  5. It is an amazing product, but unfortunately UD are going in to China and will be testing on animals from now on "if required by law" they had their leaping bunny status taken away too :(

    http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/TMG9349491/Urban-Decay-faces-backlash-over-conflicting-animal-testing-policy.html

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They changed their mind! All seems a bit shady and I don't feel the same way about them as I did before but still happy to use them. They've got their leaping bunny status back too now I believe :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, they are much appreciated! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...